Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Next Season

In three days, my room mate and I move into our looong awaited new apartment.
In seven days I start a new job.

Our apartment is on a quiet side street, across the street from a school and a park.
My new job is as an admin assistant, I'll be sitting at a desk, working Monday - Friday, 9 to 5.

I've been on the run for six months now: Ontario, California, camp, Ontario, couch surfing everywhere and anywhere in between...
I've grown accustomed to living out of duffle bags and rubber maids.
I regularly keep a stash of canned tuna, bread, granola bars and apples in my car.

Sarah Hill, once willing and proud to be on the run, flexible, sporadic, impulsive, living life on the run... is looking forward to a season of stability which is just around the bend.
I'm looking forward to baking and taking walks. To sleeping in on Saturdays and being able to go to church every Sunday. To know my work schedule weeks, even months (!) in advance!
To have a job that doesn't involve my heart in an intense way for a season.
To rest.
To breathe.
To enjoy people and relationships.
To be part of a community of people who love God.
To slow down.
To process what has happened, what is happening and to prepare for what is ahead.

Thank you Lord for this season ahead!
I trust your leading and am anticipating great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment