Friday, October 19, 2012

A Pre-Post to our Everest Trek


This was my view at 11am, Saturday October 13th. The high, dark peak is Mount Everest! This view is from a peak called Kallapathar, at 18, 200 feet. Flippin' high. Andrew unfortunately was too sick from the altitude to make the climb, so I did it solo. Clear skies... perfect.

I will be writing a full account of our epic adventure in the next 4-5 days, once we're in India and I can upload some photos.

Saturday morning we board a bus for a 7-8hr ride to the India border, we will likely spend the night, then take the 5+ hr bus/train to Varanasi on Sunday and meet up with my cousins and Aunt and Uncle! Crazy that we've been in Nepal for 3 weeks already and the first chapter of our journey is up!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo Sarah! I'm sad for Andrew that he couldn't make the climb with you, but glad to hear he's on the mend at least and so happy that you could do it solo! Can't wait to see your photos and hear your stories in your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious photo! I'm sure it is even more awesome being right there. I do hope there were others making that climb with you even if Andrew couldn't! I'd hate to think you were truly alone. Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hearing more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete