Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DONE PAINTING!

Since the beginning of July, I've been painting with College Pro (again). Painting interior bedrooms and hallways, garage doors, windows and fasia/soffit up to three stories high... ...hauling ladders, rockin' the steel toes and making tricky reaches with my feet off the ground for up to 11 hours/day.

I'm tired. 
I'm ready to be done. 
And as of yesterday... I AM. 

For weeks now, Andrew has been researching and planning our India/Nepal trip, packing, downsizing, going through stuff, and I felt like an observer - I had nothing in me to help. It's funny - while I am usually a super multi-tasker, when I'm tired, I'm out for the count. 

Last night, after I threw out my unwashed brushes, paint covered clothes and my well worn, paint covered steel toes (felt so good!), my mind changed over. I made lists of things to do, people to see before we leave... I cleaned our room and looked at a calender (something I haven't been doing). WE MOVE OUT IN ONE WEEK! There is so much to do!!

So even though my back is aching (was working with an exceptionally heavy ladder my last 4 days) and my eyes still feel like sandpaper, I feel free... free from work! Free to plan, free to look ahead, free to live! 

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment