Saturday, September 8, 2012

T-minus 2 days til take off!


Less than 48 hours til take off from Inverhaugh!

Andrew finished his last shift at work yesterday.
We've gotten all gear needed for our trip.
We're immunized up and healthy as horses.
International banking is all set up. 
We've stocked up on novels for our travels. 
The car is packed with our stuff for Vancouver (8 Rubbermaids, 2 60+L packs, a cooler, all hockey gear, a snowboard, and all cracks filled in... Andrew's amazing.) 
Our packs are packed for India and Nepal. 
And our bags are packed for the 10 day road trip out to BC! 
Almost all our goodbyes have happened, and we've planned our road trip itinerary. 
All that is left is one load of laundry, final goodbyes and celebrate Jeremy & Judy get married today! 

I even finally decided what footwear to take to India and Nepal:

1. My new hiking boots for Everest Base Camp that I've been trying to break in as quick as possible.
2. My ever comfortable Merrels for everyday wear and adventuring, ie. riding elephants and exploring cities.
3. My trusty re-soled Birks... always a good choice - cool, and comfortable.
*These shoes were purchased in Ottawa/Burlington/Vancouver, and will be worn in California, BC, Ontario, India and Nepal... I enjoy well travelled shoes!

It's finally kicking in that we're leaving on Monday. 
Wow. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm happy for you guys that it all came together, but sad too that you're leaving us! Have a great time exploring our world. I will think of you every time I hike/climb a boulder in my Merrells :)

    ReplyDelete