Wednesday, November 25, 2009

BUMMED.

WHISTLER:
EARLY SEASON
220cm SNOW BASE
SNOWIEST NOVEMBER ON THE RECORD.

We were going to drive up Tuesday night, have all day Wednesday on the mountain, hang out at night, and come back Thursday morning.

Then plans changed and we planned to leave Wednesday morning.
Then a work meeting was forgotten and we would have had to come back Wednesday night.
Then I didn't have snow gear, so I arranged to borrow.
Then I got stuck in rush hour and forgot to stop and rent gear.
When I went back later, MEC didn't have the right skiis, and Sports Junkies was closed.
Then I couldn't buy a lift ticket at 7-11.
Wednesday morning, we were about 30mins down the highway and had to come back for a forgotten credit card/ID... that had actually ended up being dropped on the street.
By that time, once we would have arrived in Whistler, and gotten rentals, it would have been 10:30, and the mountain closes at 3.

So I made a disappointing, financially wise decision and stayed in the city while my friends drove off for Whistler.
It seems like everything leading up to today wasn't working out, so maaaaybe I wasn't supposed to go to Whistler today.

Either way, I'm totally uber bummed and am sitting in my snow suit on my bed.


1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better (and it shouldn't because that would be mean of you,) I got my season's pass to Cascades which opens this Saturday, but I can't snowboard till early January because of surgery. Suuuuuucks.

    Let's be non-active together!

    PS. Skype me. There are things to discuss.

    ReplyDelete