Monday, January 18, 2010

A Good Story.


My spare time in the last 4 days has been spent watching the Anne of Green Gables trilogy. One hundred percent, that story is one of my favourite stories of all time. Family love, small town goodness, beautiful PEI, childhood hatred turned to adult love, bossum friends and kindred spirits, farm life and classy socials.
When your school teacher remembers and loves her students.
When children respect adults and they are loved dearly.
When people bicycled to get around.
When, if you wanted to speak with someone, you approached them directly.
People used mail to communicate.
Women wore classy dresses.
You ate the peas you just podded for dinner.
Men would ask for dances in advance to the actual dance. And women had dance cards to record the reserved dances on.
Where romance was subtle, yet obvious, and there was always a romantic bridge to kiss on, or a grassy meadow to dance in.

Story.
What a gift - to wrapped up in an imaginative life, where the characters are so real and relatable. Your heart is so involved in the plot that your emotions rise and fall with that of the people in the story.
Is it a way to escape my life, and enter into someone elses?
Is it an avenue in which to let my dreams run wild in?
Is it a parallel to my own story, my journey, my life, in which I become friends with Anne and respect Miss Stacey, swoon over Gilbert and empathize for Katherine Brookes?

I love story.
I love writing and dreaming.
I think I would love Prince Edward Island.
And I looooove story.

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you!! The first week that I got here, my cousin was in a high school production of Anne of Green Gables (she was Josie Pye :) and my eyes were pricking and tingling as Anne & Diana were singing kindred spirits... it reminded me of you. :) <3 you.

    ReplyDelete